• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bank Secrecy Act is now Obsolete

Light

Foundation Member
Gentlemen, and Ladies :)

You might not notice it immediately in Darkcoin price but something happened yesterday that is gonna have an enormously positive effect on anonymous currencies like Darkcoin.
51 countries signed agreements to "end the bank secrecy act" and agreed to share data with each-other in order to fight tax evasion. This is a huge blow to global financial privacy. World's rich is not happy about it.

So don't be disappointed by the current crypto market manipulations or small drawbacks like hack attacks or fork issues. What matters is that we are on the right track. Just keep accumulating your darkcoins and setting up masternodes. Once we are confident about our product (Darksend) and it is fully functional, it will only be a matter of days to introduce it to the 'right people' who are desperately looking for financial privacy.

5iS2eiT.png

source: http://rt.com/business/200883-banki..._medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

p.s. Sorry Propulsion. I know this is off topic, but I was too excited about the news and couldn't help ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

You might not notice it immediately in Darkcoin price but something happened yesterday that is gonna have an enormously positive effect on anonymous currencies like Darkcoin.
51 countries signed agreements to end the "bank secrecy act" and agreed to share data with each-other in order to fight tax evasion. This is a huge blow to global financial privacy. World's rich is not happy about it.

So don't be disappointed by the current crypto market manipulations or small drawbacks like hack attacks or fork issues. What matters is that we are on the right track. Just keep accumulating your darkcoins and setting up masternodes. Once we are confident about our product (Darksend) and it is fully functional, it will only be a matter of days to introduce it to the 'right people' who are desperately looking for financial privacy.

5iS2eiT.png

source: http://rt.com/business/200883-banki..._medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

p.s. Sorry Propulsion. I know this is off topic, but I was too excited about the news and couldn't help ;)
I have e-mailed this to everyone on my "Influencers" list, it should be all over Twitter in 3....2....1. Thanks for posting this!

I have e-mailed this to everyone on my "Influencers" list, it should be all over Twitter in 3....2....1. Thanks for posting this!

That's great! As long as we are diplomatic about the way we present this news, it can only benefit the Darkcoin community.

51 countries signed agreements to end the "bank secrecy act" and agreed to share data with each-other in order to fight tax evasion. This is a huge blow to global financial privacy. World's rich is not happy about it.

5iS2eiT.png

Very good...

I got out of the UK right before Australia & UK Tax departments agreed to information share, you could tell this was the way the wind was blowing at the time...

Wealth management sector, Darkcoin is not only going to be seen as functionally superior, it will be a tool of choice to get a competitive edge over rivals in the high net worth individuals space...

Very good...

I got out of the UK right before Australia & UK Tax departments agreed to information share, you could tell this was the way the wind was blowing at the time...

Wealth management sector, Darkcoin is not only going to be seen as functionally superior, it will be a tool of choice to get a competitive edge over rivals in the high net worth individuals space...
I don't usually swear, but that would be fucking awesome...

World's wealthy: Looking for instant privacy? You should get into the Dark! #getintothedark #darkcoin

EDIT: I just pee'd my pants a little...

I don't usually swear, but that would be fucking awesome...

World's wealthy: Looking for instant privacy? You should get into the Dark! #getintothedark #darkcoin

EDIT: I just pee'd my pants a little...
It's becoming more obvious to me each day The Darkness has been thought through very well and Evan is putting together a commercial grade decentralised platform, that's going to generate all sorts of follow-on industry...

It's becoming more obvious to me each day The Darkness has been thought through very well and Evan is putting together a commercial grade decentralised platform, that's going to generate all sorts of follow-on industry...
Agreed. Well said...You should tweet that!

Am I missing something? Is everyone else's wallets denominating correctly? We can't really say that we are <currently> private until that feature(darksend denominate) is fully working and completing in less than a day or two. Am I wrong here?

Light No problem. I'll just move it for you.

Thanks for keeping the forum organized but the title you gave to the thread is a bit misleading :) Secrecy act is not really abolished thou. The new agreement just made it mostly obsolete.

Am I missing something? Is everyone else's wallets denominating correctly? We can't really say that we are <currently> private until that feature(darksend denominate) is fully working and completing in less than a day or two. Am I wrong here?
Like I say all the time, the more people using the Darkness, the better it works! Truly P2P.

Peace is both the prize and the means of attaining it. The powers thrive on its absence and seek to destroy those who walk in its strength, for they cannot be controlled. Day and night are both peaceful for those who carry it within themselves, but while the powers rule the day we can serve and spread peace in the DRK.

Like I say all the time, the more people using the Darkness, the better it works! Truly P2P.

It took me forever to get more than one round for mixing less than 10 DRK and it is still not finishing. Should I leave the wallet unlocked during the mixing process or am I doing something wrong?

P.S. I observed the number of rounds by opening the coin control window.

It took me forever to get more than one round for mixing less than 10 DRK and it is still not finishing. Should I leave the wallet unlocked during the mixing process or am I doing something wrong?

P.S. I observed the number of rounds by opening the coin control window.
You have to leave it unlocked the duration of the darksend process.

Back