• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

CoiniumServ Pool for Darkcoin

Dezvail

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a mining pool but while mining, I'm constantly getting following errors in debug.log:

2015-01-09 14:41:49 ERROR: CheckProofOfWork() : hash doesn't match nBits
2015-01-09 14:41:49 ERROR: CheckBlock() : proof of work failed
2015-01-09 14:41:49 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED

Occasionally there is also "socket send error 10053" but maybe this is not related. I'm using CoiniumServ and it is saying "We thought a block was found but it was rejected by the coin daemon".

I would very much appreciate if someone could give some hints where the problem could be? I have searched everywhere and tried everything I can think of.

Are you sure it is supported?

I would think so since the server included ready-made configuration file for Darkcoin and I believe the developer was mining it in his own pool. Anyway, do you think the problem is in CoiniumServ?

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a new mining pool for darkcoin. All is going well everything is up and running. The only problem is that the daemon is not receiving any new blocks(thats what CoiniumServ reports)

I have also read about these master nodes which brings us to my question, does my darkcoin daemon need to be a master node so it'll find new blocks? Or are master nodes not related to this problem at all?

Thank you in advance

in addition i have reports that recent NOMP instances also do not find blocks, something must be wrong out there but i am no professional. could anyone with more experience also look into that? who is running pools with NOMP and coiniumserv?

I've send you my debug.log file. I also ran the "darkcoind getblocktemplate" myself which actually does return data and transactions so I'm guessing that the pool software is indeed not compatible with CoiniumServ? Do you know which software might be compatible since there are quite a few pools out there. I can't image that they all written their own implementation on how to handle the master servers

I gave up and learned my lesson; don't try to setup a pool in Windows. I installed MPOS/NOMP in Linux and it seems to be working perfectly.

Merged two threads. It seems CoiniumServ is not supporting Darkcoin.

Try MPOS, NOMP or P2Pool. A few more should exist.

Thanks for the help. I kinda figured that I couldnt anything about the masternodes in the source code. I also tried NOMP which also tells me no blocks found so I guess that should just be a configuration error right? @Dezvial did you set anything specific for Darkcoin in a config file or should it just work?

@Dezvial did you set anything specific for Darkcoin in a config file or should it just work?
There was a lot of trial and error configuration but I don't remember doing any Darkcoin-specific stuff, other than setting standard things like coin name, symbol, algorithm etc. I followed these instructions:
https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal/#usage
https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal/wiki/Setting-up-NOMP-for-MPOS-usage

When I said everything seems to be working, I meant all logs are clear form errors and I'm able to submit shares successfully. However, I have not yet got any coins as my hash rate isn't that great. Would be great if someone here could help me a bit with mining. The portal is located at: miners.fi (0% fee).

hey! i tested both software very intensively - but both were not worth it.. very complex configurations, many problems!

coiniumserv: only works with very few coins.. has no coin-specific functions implemented.. drk will not work!
nomp / node-stratum-pool: has drk-features.. but masternode doantion of 20% is hardcoded.. so when you want to use it now, you have to change it to 37.5%

develoment is stuck.. we have to find new pool software.. i will look at powerpool as a next candidate..

i also opened another post here! when someone has a working software for running a pool, please tell me!

okay.. i was always frightened of mpos.. too much config etc..

why do you use both? do you use nomp for mining and mpos for payouts? then i would expect that you had the same problems as with a normal nomp install..

i can not post links ( new user ^^ ) but please look at my other post in this folder!

i still don't quite get it.. you are mining with mpos or nomp? both can work standalone.. can you tell me which version of mpos and nomp you use? ( from which repository.. )

Dezvail that's what buechling is referencing to https://darkcointalk.org/threads/actual-pool-software-get-node-stratum-pool-nomp-running.4019/

buechling would be nice to see nomp error log output to identify the exact problem, not the one from darkcoin.

Haven't look at nomp for a while so it looks not that familiar to me as before but if you are sure that it's because of wrong reward calculated here https://github.com/zone117x/node-stratum-pool/blob/master/lib/transactions.js#L136 then why calculate reward at all? I believe rpcData is from darkcoind getblocktemplate command and if it's you can simply use exact value daemon provided to you:
Code:
var payeeReward = rpcData.payee_amount;

Thank you UdjinM6...

i have no other log than
2015-02-16 14:15:58 [Pool] [darkcoin] (Thread 1) Daemon instance 0 rejected a supposedly valid block
will log debug soon..

Line 136 should indeed be the problem.. i will try it, but i already fixed it manually to
Code:
var payeeReward = Math.ceil(reward * 0.375);

so there supposedly is another problem beside the reward?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back