• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Icon

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
I think we should start pushing out the new logo design to third-party websites, since many of them are still using the old design. I think the "D" scales better and than the coin for small icons. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Dix5KSt.jpg

Sure attached is the logo.
That's the coin, but that's different from the the logo (the one that was voted on), correct? What I was looking for was input on using the "D" from the logo like the mockup above because I think it stands out better and looks less muddled than the coin at smaller scales.

But speaking of the coin, it still uses the old color scheme which makes it look a bit inconsistent when contrasted with the new color scheme used in the logo and website so I think that should probably be updated too. Here's an example of at least the direction I think it should be going (but not necessarily a final design):
dsrkb6R.jpg

The symbol and font match perfectly. Fonts send readers into a certain mindset. Symbols are remembered more then shades of blue.
I think the beauty about community in an open-sourced decentralized project such as this, is the diversity of ideas and constructive criticism.

If your question is "do you think the D logo looks better than the very small icon? i say yes

The subject of branding is another can of worms. There should be a style guide and that should be a part a Marketing effort. My opinion is that there should be a marketing team with a leader to lead the charge. Not all in the community feel the same.

The subject of branding is another can of worms. There should be a style guide and that should be a part a Marketing effort. My opinion is that there should be a marketing team with a leader to lead the charge. Not all in the community feel the same.
Agreed.

Back