• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DarkNote ...>>

DuckNote rebrands itself as DarkNote .... WTF ... you must be kidding me !!...>>

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ducknote-price-launches-after-darknote-reinvention/

It's only going to get worse after open source. Get ready for lots of this on bitcointalk:
[ANN] DRK launch was UNFAIR, come and mine DARKFAIR! As fair as a fairground game, we'll take you for a ride!
[ANN] Say goodbye to all your crypto problems, download DARKTROJAN and you’ll never need another wallet!
[ANN] DARKFLASH InstantTransactionSend+ unique innovation, so far ahead of DRK we'll even let them release first...
[ANN] Evan EATS KITTENS for NSA!!! So mine DARKTRUTH, we'll take prepay for tinfoil miners hats today!!!
[ANN] OMG aliens just VAPOURIZED Evan, SELL your DRK buy DARKHOLE it’s GOING 2 URANUS!!!1!! ┗(°0°)┛

In other news, the US Federal Reserve announces a rebranding for the dollar...

0520a661a0b896dc59a9eacba88659bb.jpg

duckNote has been good to me, made about 0.8 BTC off it and still own about a gazillion. That said, I don't see any CN coin as serious competition, none of the cloners understand the code and the original devs were pretty sloppy anyway from what I can see.

I really don't see many new DRK clones appearing after open source, DRK's strength is the MN network, you can't clone that. I think open source *is* going to absolutely, exponentially grow the DRK ecosystem though - ten thousand eyes spotting and fixing bugs, more new and innovative code than Evan can comfortably review alone, and a thousand startups monetising MNs both for themselves and MN ops.

I believe a bigger upcoming problem will be preventing MN bolt-ons from screwing with existing MN functionality, if only through bringing crappy underspec'd VPS machines to their knees. What's needed is a vetting and licencing system maybe for 3rd party apps?

duckNote has been good to me, made about 0.8 BTC off it and still own about a gazillion. That said, I don't see any CN coin as serious competition, none of the cloners understand the code and the original devs were pretty sloppy anyway from what I can see.

I really don't see many new DRK clones appearing after open source, DRK's strength is the MN network, you can't clone that. I think open source *is* going to absolutely, exponentially grow the DRK ecosystem though - ten thousand eyes spotting and fixing bugs, more new and innovative code than Evan can comfortably review alone, and a thousand startups monetising MNs both for themselves and MN ops.

I believe a bigger upcoming problem will be preventing MN bolt-ons from screwing with existing MN functionality, if only through bringing crappy underspec'd VPS machines to their knees. What's needed is a vetting and licencing system maybe for 3rd party apps?
Not sure about a licensing system. I would prefer that we simply kick out the misbehaving MNs. If owners install things on top they should be responsible to know what they do or get themselves kicked out.

Not sure about a licensing system. I would prefer that we simply kick out the misbehaving MNs. If owners install things on top they should be responsible to know what they do or get themselves kicked out.
You're right. Licensing would confer official approval and therefore potential legal liability, thus should be avoided.

Back