• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode Profit Shares for sale via NXT Asset Exchange, initial 1 month experiment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Since I have come up with no way to do it trustlessly, here is the next best thing:

I am launching a NXT asset called tlcMN. If you have a NXT wallet you will be able to search for it under your Asset Exchange tab when it goes live.

The asset will have 100 shares, each representing 1% of the profits of one of my Masternodes for 28 days. You can buy, sell, trade, do what you like with your shares, and at the end of the 28 day period I will issue dividends paid in DRK to each shareholder, each dividend being their percentage of the Masternode profits during that time. I will cover the server running costs.

The Masternode in question will be my 'luckiest' one, which has so far received 14 payments. Bear in mind that enforcement is currently OFF.
The pubkey is XwrwEqGFLC4ysLYgYQta8SCFMS9HSQn4ce and you can see the payments to the Masternode as they happen at chaeplin's excellent site here: http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html

Note that this is an experiment only, albeit with real money. I am hoping to make a few DRK more than I would if I kept the MN profits myself, and hopefully this will be a way of making some DRK for the shareholders that they would not otherwise have been able to. Nobody is going to get rich in this undertaking, but it will be hopefully interesting to participate in and may even possibly give the Darkcoin developers some ideas for potential upcoming improvements in allowing more people to benefit directly from Masternode payments.

There are a number of factors that you need to consider before investing - current prices of DRK and NXT, how you think those prices might change in the next month, Masternode count and Masternode payment variance - nothing is guaranteed!

When the 28 days is up, payments will be made to shareholders and your asset shares will become worthless, no more payments will be made. Shareholders will obviously need to supply me with a valid DRK address for me to pay them! Any unclaimed payments remaining 7 days after the 28 days is up will go to the developer fund, so this could be a slightly more entertaining way of helping the devs than a simple donation.

There is currently no way of setting start and end dates that I am aware of on NXT exchange assets, but you can pre-register your interest in this thread. Once issued, market forces will have their way, please only participate in this experiment if you are prepared to accept a worst-case scenario!

At the time of writing this, 1DRK ~0.01BTC and 1NXT 0.00008BTC, so 1DRK ~125NXT

At the time of writing there are ~525 active Masternodes running, giving an expected payout of ~ 1DRK/day or 28DRK for the 28 day period.
THESE NUMBERS CAN AND WILL CHANGE, you need to do your own maths and asses the risk/reward yourself!

100 tlcMN shares will be issued with a starting price of 50NXT (~0.0004BTC) each.

Of course, 50NXT is currently ~0.4DRK, and statistically if the status quo remains status quo, you're likely to make 0.28DRK per share if Masternode numbers etc. remain the same, or you could just buy some cheap DRK at the current low price, but where's the fun in that? Issuing the NXT asset costs me 1000NXT and I'm paying the server running costs and maintaining the Masternode, so I'd like to at least 'break even,' and during the asset lifetime trading opportunities may present themselves.

Asset will be issued at 00:01 or as close as I can manage on 10/07/2014, asset will terminate 28 days later at 00:01 on 07/08/2014 and dividends will be paid in DRK within 24hrs. NO FURTHER PAYMENTS WILL BE MADE FOR THIS PARTICULAR ASSET, EVER!

At the end of the experiment, hopefully we will all have learned something from it, and maybe the next iteration will involve people buying shares in a Masternode itself, not just in the earnings from one of mine - but then, who knows what Evan + team have up their sleeves? :)

Interested (or outraged) parties please respond below, nothing is yet written in stone and I'm open to suggestions, so let me know what you think, even if it's, "You're an idiot."

Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back