• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Merchants... How do you accept DRK currently?

simplebtc

We are looking to build more tools for the DRK community. We would like to get feedback on what tools are currently being used and what needs developed. Any comments or discussion welcome.

Suggestion from BitcoinTalk:
camosoul said:
I'd like to accept DRK as the exclusive cryptocurrency of my company, but, no one makes a plugin that lets me manage transactions in a rational way. The middle-man services are unacceptable by definition of being middle-man services. The whole damn point is to keep the info private, not hand it all over to a 3rd party so that the guvtrash can subpoena them for the very info I'm trying to keep private... I just want a plugin that holds a list of addresses and increments as they get used... Why is this so much to ask? Paying doesn't even get anyone to do it. I guess all software developers hate money?

I'd also like to split the database so that no transaction data or customer information is stored on a server, but on a local machine that I can restrict physical access to. Then my customers can perform truly safe, anonymous transactions with no way for any other 3rd party, guvthug or otherwise, to know who they are, what they bought, or even if they bought. No way to follow the money back to my customers because DRK!

Failing to take these measures results in data hanging around that can be obtained by other means, defeating the purpose of DRK in the first place. am I the only online vendor that actually gives a shit about his customers' privacy?

My goal is to maintain control of all data, such that there are no remnants in the hands of 3rd parties who could give the information away against my will. If I have the only copy, I can destroy the only copy. If it is also my standing policy to destroy all data after the transaction is complete, my customers' cannot be betrayed by 3rd parties, or even myself. No mailing address, no name, no amount spent, no items bought, etc. A subpoena sent to me for data I don't have is a subpoena I don't have to respond to.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9070321#msg9070321

Nice post. You bring up a lot of good points. In doing implementations for clients, we are finding no one solution is probably going to work 100% for everyone.

We branched a darkcoin version of our SimpleBTCPay app just to see what a full non-third party solution would look like. So for a consultant or invoiced type scenario we have used an html5 invoice (local and emailed to customer) paired with a payment link to the server. The payment contains just an amount. The server only knows it needs to collect xx DRK so it generates an address, waits and forwards when received.

The server runs a wallet for generating new addresses and tracking received funds. Any coins received are automatically batched and forwarded off to cold storage. The webapp speaks to the local darkcoind securely via JSON-RPC loopback connection.

For a more automated ecommerce system I could envision retaining just enough data for processing the transaction then purging completed transaction data entirely from any DB.

We have been working on an implementation that would accept a bulk upload of fresh addresses to cycle through similar to your request. PM me more details. We are looking for good examples for interesting solutions.

Just to clarify, camosoul's the one who suggested it. I'm just passing it along. It's all a bit over my head. :smile:

Nice post. You bring up a lot of good points. In doing implementations for clients, we are finding no one solution is probably going to work 100% for everyone.

We branched a darkcoin version of our SimpleBTCPay app just to see what a full non-third party solution would look like. So for a consultant or invoiced type scenario we have used an html5 invoice (local and emailed to customer) paired with a payment link to the server. The payment contains just an amount. The server only knows it needs to collect xx DRK so it generates an address, waits and forwards when received.

The server runs a wallet for generating new addresses and tracking received funds. Any coins received are automatically batched and forwarded off to cold storage. The webapp speaks to the local darkcoind securely via JSON-RPC loopback connection.

For a more automated ecommerce system I could envision retaining just enough data for processing the transaction then purging completed transaction data entirely from any DB.

We have been working on an implementation that would accept a bulk upload of fresh addresses to cycle through similar to your request. PM me more details. We are looking for good examples for interesting solutions.
Busy putting out fires, but I'm glad to see someone is on this. Make it a WooCommerce plugin and no daemon on the server, because shared hosting.

Do you know of a service like Blockain.info's or Block.io's payment receiving APIs that will create a new address and then forward the coins to you when received?

Without a service like these for DRK there won't be an easy and automated way to accept payments without connecting to your own daemon. How many people are going to want to go through the process of exporting 100's of addresses from their local wallet and importing into a payment tool every few days?

We have a WooCommerce plugin with support for Block.io (BTC, LTC, DOGE) nearing release. If they would add support for DRK, it would be an easy addition. You can check it out at cryptowoo.com.

After the Moolah fiasco I'm wondering why any business would want to trust a 3rd party if they don't have to though. Any thoughts?

AsMoney is a payment gateway for cryptocoins that added DRK in the last week, you can accept darkcoin on your website like bitcoin.
Good find!
What is AsMoney?
Briefly, AsMoney is an online currency convertible into crypto currencies, it is an online wallet and easy payment gateway to send and receive various popular digital coins common in the internet. In a word, AsMoney is a comprehensive solution for using the most popular digital coins. Currently, AsMoney supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin, and Darkcoin.
https://www.asmoney.com/

EDIT: tungfa any info on them? are they legit?

Back