• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Paid too much in mining fees.

Light

Foundation Member
wow, how is this possible? A Masternode on ONYX got paid 81DRK?

X8NkncS.png

Fuck! Those were my coins! I accidentally set transaction fee to 400DRK. I am suck an idiot. Someone tell me there is a way to get them back.

I am willing to share some of those coins if someone helps me to get them back.
How was that happened?

How was that happened?

I just got back from gym, super tired. Wanted to Dark mix 400 drk. Totally distracted, instead set "transaction fee" to 400DRK. What an idiot. 900$ gone!

edit: I am surprised that the wallet didn't notice this obviously unusual request and warn me at least.

Fuck! Those were my coins! I accidentally set transaction fee to 400DRK. I am suck an idiot. Someone please tell me there is a way to get them back :)

No way to get them back. The miner and mn own them.

I just got back from gym, super tired. Wanted to Dark mix 400 drk. Totally distracted, instead set "transaction fee" to 400DRK. What an idiot. 900$ gone!

edit: I am surprised that the wallet didn't notice this obviously unusual request and warn me at least.
Uuh. sorry about that!

Fuck! Those were my coins! I accidentally set transaction fee to 400DRK. I am suck an idiot. Someone please tell me there is a way to get them back :)

Ouch... Sorry man. That sucks. gutted for you.

Can't tell if serious.

Regardless, no way to get them back. The miner and mn own them.

dude, I can provide the wallet screen shot to Waffell pool if they show understanding and perhaps return some of it but not sure if it is a good idea to post it in here.

dude, I can provide the wallet screen shot to Waffell pool if they show understanding and perhaps return some of it but not sure if it is a good idea to post it in here.
You can try, they might understand, but just know, transaction fees all go to the miners/mn's. I feel for you though.

If the fees is split between miners and MNs then it is useless to ask them to return it. Oh well. But this should be an expensive lesson for the community and the devs perhaps. If a guy who has been following crypto for years with 2 masters degree can easily make a mistake and loose 400DRK then there is obviously something we need to fix. A Warning message like "Yo, moron, you are just about to give away 900$ to miners. Are you sure about that?" would be helpful.

If the fees is split between miners and MNs then it is useless to ask them to return it. Oh well. But this should be an expensive lesson for the community and the devs perhaps. If a guy who has been following crypto for years with 2 masters degree can easily make a mistake and loose 400DRK then there is obviously something we need to fix. A Warning message like "Yo, moron, you are just about to give away 900$ to miners. Are you sure about that?" would be helpful.
I could see a warning being implemented but if you look back at the options, it's pretty obvious that it was your haste/fatigue in entering that was the problem. It's clearly listed as an optional transaction fee to the miners for processing transaction and a box on the bottom for how many coins you want to anonymize.

Since it already happened, you are at no disadvantage to emailing [email protected] and explaining the situation. The masternode on the other hand is unknown unless someone in the community wants to step up and return. I would think being close-nit that someone will come forward at least on that front.

I could see a warning being implemented but if you look back at the options, it's pretty obvious that it was your haste/fatigue in entering that was the problem. It's clearly listed as an optional transaction fee to the miners for processing transaction and a box on the bottom for how many coins you want to anonymize.

Since it already happened, you are at no disadvantage to emailing [email protected] and explaining the situation. The masternode on the other hand is unknown unless someone in the community wants to step up and return. I would think being close-nit that someone will come forward at least on that front.

Thanks for the info. I will email them just in case. By the way, here is the transaction details in case someone think that I am lying:

jSy0e30.png

The masternode on the other hand is unknown unless someone in the community wants to step up and return. I would think being close-nit that someone will come forward at least on that front.

Yeah you're not without hope there - Vertoe alone has 10% of the whole Masternode list, there's a chance someone here might at least get 80DRK back to you.

Back