• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it would be educational to do a release to just one MN and see how it copes alone for a while while getting hammered from all directions by every client on testnet.

Successfully anonymized 999.00000023 DRK from 1000 DRK. New total balance 999.998
Transaction confirmations were taking some time here at testnet, but on mainnet it should speed up considerably.
Was a bit weird not seeing the denominated amounts in the send / inputs when not confirmed yet but it didnt form a problem in the end.
Well done on this update.

OMG .. the windows wallet seems to be doing great, also now I think I understand why I got the last error, ie, I need to wait for the coins to be denominated before I can send using the "anonymous funds"... NO collateral fees. It took about an hour for the auto denomination to be completed, but it seems great. Can I make the wallet not to do auto denominate though?

During the denomination process, if I receive funds, they all will be anonymized without password input. This is great!
After denomination is done, I have to put password when I get funds to denominate.
It was a fun test. I really enjoyed the speed and convenience!
Hi clayop,
Just sent you 1000 tdrk. :)

Windows 0.10.12.16
darkSend Status => ERROR : not compatible with existing transactions

Now keep getting:
darkSend Status => ERROR : transaction not valid

are your transactions confirmed ? Maybe you are seeing those DarkSend status msg's because they are not yet confirmed ?

Transactions should look like this and need to be confirmed first before getting anonymized:

Received with
Payment to yrself
DarkSend Denominate
DarkSend Denominate

"
Windows 0.10.12.16
darkSend Status => ERROR : not compatible with existing transactions

Now keep getting:
darkSend Status => ERROR : transaction not valid

"not compatible" means the automated process got rejected by a masternode. It's not a problem, it will just keep trying
"transaction not valid" means the masternode doesn't know about an input you submitted or you double spend something. It probably just needs a confirmation though.

The UI and messages could use some improvement, but I'm happy to see it finally working properly

You are doing an amazing job as always Evan - Lets test test test....take the time required and get it right!

And also I have got my wallets up with version 16 - denominating very fast - will let you know when I get to 8 rounds and start a bit of pingpong :)

are your transactions confirmed ? Maybe you are seeing those DarkSend status msg's because they are not yet confirmed ?

Transactions should look like this and need to be confirmed first before getting anonymized:

Received with
Payment to yrself
DarkSend Denominate
DarkSend Denominate

Thanks! Looks ok now

Now a Question:
Why not ALL of the DRK is Anonymized?
Total balance: 999.998
Anonymized: 999.00000023

Should it be 1000 DRK - 2 x 0.001 (fees)?

How about a bunch of us run clients with the usemasternode command, it does exactly what you're saying.
like this: -usemasternode="188.226.248.36:19999" .
do we do that at startup? And can anyone tell if you use only one masternode? Can you still get several layers, and would you have to wait longer for someone to join your mix if you choose a particular masternode? and and and and, why is the sky blue?

Oh, and did you remove the fees and collateral fees?

The UI and messages could use some improvement, but I'm happy to see it finally working properly

I think the UI improvements are very important even if it means the launch is delayed a bit. It would be a problem if a lack of clarity led to a panic once the less technical start using the software.

Also, "smart" denomination was mentioned above where after a send only the required amount is redenominated rather than the entire remaining balance. Is this something that has been considered?

Thanks

Well, I forgot to include externalip= in my config and so I wasn't on the masternode list. I just fixed it. Anyone know how long it takes to showup on poolhash.org? I turned it off a while ago, but it still shows my home ip address, LOL

I think the UI improvements are very important even if it means the launch is delayed a bit. It would be a problem if a lack of clarity led to a panic once the less technical start using the software.

Also, "smart" denomination was mentioned above where after a send only the required amount is redenominated rather than the entire remaining balance. Is this something that has been considered?

Thanks
I totally agree, but this is something I have little talent for. I can however say if I am confused by it?? Gotta go check out that thread and see how they're doing :)

I think UI wise, right now it just needs to be A Bit More Obvious What's Going On, we can worry about Pretty and Shiny later.

Could whoever is running the faucet update to the latest version and switch DS+ on? Another 400k coins being repeatedly anonymised might help load up the system a bit...

1000 one :) I sent back
Haha.. great, i love it! I'm still skeptical (no offense to Evan :)), still testing this wallet so I might send you more coins, if you don't mind. But so far haven't seen collateral fees anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back