• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Masternode stopping with 'Invalid private key' error

crowning

I had this on 2 different Masternodes 3 times (Update: 5 times) overall.

The last debug message lines are:
Code:
2014-09-30 18:22:59 receive version message: /Satoshi:0.10.13.15/: version 70038, blocks=144899, us=<MY_IP>:9999, them=175.141.47.111:9999, peer=16
2014-09-30 18:22:59 send initial getblocks peer=16
2014-09-30 18:23:00 CDarkSendPool::IsCompatibleWithSession - sessionAmount 0 sessionUsers 0
2014-09-30 18:23:00 Invalid masternodeprivkey: 'Invalid private key'
2014-09-30 18:23:00 trying connection 182.209.184.130:9999 lastseen=1.1days

stderr says:
darkcoind: /home/ubuntu/install/include/boost/thread/pthread/recursive_mutex.hpp:101: boost::recursive_mutex::~recursive_mutex(): Assertion `!pthread_mutex_destroy(&m)' failed.

After that the darcoind process just stopped. I never had this with RC4 Masternodes. I'm running a local/remote configuration.

Any ideas?

BTW, the log also shows a lot of CDarkSendPool::DoAutomaticDenominating - Darksend is disabled entries....what's that?

Edit: the Masternodes get coins while they are running, so the setup itself seems to be fine.

Edit 2: Created JIRA-issue: http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-94

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Darksend will be disabled on a masternode so that's fine. What VPS are you using? Cold-Remote setup or hot? When you updated to RC5, did you update the the cold wallet as well and start from the new wallet (assuming cold-remote setup)?

Your Darksend will be disabled on a masternode so that's fine. What VPS are you using? Cold-Remote setup or hot? When you updated to RC5, did you update the the cold wallet as well and start from the new wallet (assuming cold-remote setup)?

Cold-Remote, updated both to the same version, started it from the new wallet. And they were working fine for a couple of hours, and are working fine for hours after I restarted the remote one.

So you started the remote daemon first, then initiated "masternode start PASSPHRASE" on the cold? What VPS are you using?

So you started the remote daemon first, then initiated "masternode start PASSPHRASE" on the cold? What VPS are you using?

Yep, started remote, waited until the blockchain was fully synced, did the masternode start "<MY_PASSPHRASE>" in the console of the cold wallet, and it confirmed that the Masternode was started.
The MN show up as active on the chaeplin's and elbereth's Masternode-pages and get payments.

The VPS (-provider?) should not be the problem because the Masternodes worked without problems on RC4.
OS is Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS.

Yesterday my MN just stopped, and today another, no known reason for that.
I quess tomorrow third MN are going to stop, will see.

All MN:S are started when RC5 was out.

What exactly is masternode private key? is it private key from the wallet addres that 1000 DASH is on?
Should we encrypt it? When I hear private key, I am cautious.

Comodore Rest assured the masternode private key has nothing to do with the private key for the address with 1000 dash, that is always kept secret. This initially confused me too but if you read through Tao's MN guide carefully you will see they are different.

I posted this question on the forum previously see here for more details

Back