• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The idea for discussion: decentralized financing of common tasks

alex-ru

I would like to once again raise the difficult question (recent attempt to crowdfund promotional video - reminded me of the theme) - the lack of funding for some important areas of a successful project «Darkcoin». First of all - marketing. (funding for programmers - is also a vital topic, if we want to see many new developers).

It is known that any centralized organization allocates a significant share of their turnover (for the "Informational projects" - this is usually the largest part of expenses) - to promote their products. It is obvious that a good level of PR is beneficial to all of us, but there is a classic logical task "public good" - everyone wants to use it, but if possible not to pay money.

In a centralized system, the issue is easily solved - the money collected by force (for example - taxes), and then spend by «competent authority» - usually ineffective, as a centralized authority is interested to spend it for its own benefit and not for the public.
Everyone wants to ride the subway, but if it is not compulsory payment option - just a small part of users will invest into it and as a result will be sad.

The Cryptocurrency system can force money raising (for example, 5-10 % of all new coins - sent to some «public address»). But decentralized spending them - is still a problem.

Despite the fact that the majority of Masternode owners (I am sure) are ready to spend some coins to Increase PR and other stuff making DRK more expensive - they have no fair mechanism (fair %) of doing this. So in practice most of them send NO coins (not to sponsor the other cormorants - logic problem). :(

I see this decision:
At the initial stage generating variants of spending money - could be trusted to Darkcoin Foundation (later it will be possible to implement more complex mechanisms such as voting, etc.). But do not trust them to decide how to spend collected money.

And to make a decision on spending - automatic ballot of investors most interested in the project - the Masternode operators. (Taking into account the views of all Darkcoin users will be too technically difficult. And ordinary users are not not particularly interested - most of them just want to use the ready service).

For example, Masternode owners: Alice, Bob, ...
See (in their wallet?) that the public funds they can manage (their part) - for example, 10 DRKs. And they may only spend it to projects proposed by the Darkcoin Foundation.
For example, the Foundation offers the current 10 unfinished projects:
1. The creation of the video
2. The creation of a mobile wallet
3. Participate in the conference

And Masternode owners (like voting shareholder) choose which of the projects are directing their «locked public» money and how many. Or hoard them for more important from their point of view, that may appear in the future.

All my IMHO - I just see the obvious weak link of the project and try to find a solution. I hope others will think about it and offer their own versions.

Sorry for bad English. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back