• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

MN addesses have never been secret, anyone with a wallet (or just a web browser) can find them. This may change if/when IP obfuscation is implemented.

Yes I know they are public right now, but the plan was to use the custom I2P/TOR-like implementation, and I thought that maybe encrypting the pool traffic 3 times and sending it through random nodes would tax the network too much. But maybe it'll work all the same, which would be nice obv.

Pushing this to the top so people know that 10.15.3 is the latest and not 10.14.1 from a quick glance at the forum.

I emailed wafflepool again and messaged miningpoolhub on bct so hopefully they'll be good to go soon.
:D
thay will get a mass info about update from all of us I suppose ;D

It would be embarrassing if masternode operators roll back to the previous version after getting sick of not being paid :)
Kinda feel like doing this right now lol. My MNs were doing amazingly well this month before ONYX.

Kinda feel like doing this right now lol. My MNs were doing amazingly well this month before ONYX.
Loyalty to the cause is way more important than a few measly DRKs, IMHO. I update to the latest and never look back, because it is about supporting the network that I believe in.

I am here to take this Darkcoin ship to the next level. I am busting my ass on Twitter, making Masternode user guides so simple my Grandma could follow it, and emailing all the Bitcoin wallet creators begging them to make one for Darkcoin as well.

If you truly are a Darkcoiner, you shouldn't worry about these bumps in the road! If you're here only to make money, then I guess you'd be doing the right thing...

I for one, keep my vision straight ahead, let Evan do his thing, help out by updating and never looking back. I hold the belief that Darkcoin is going to be huge, and that will make all of us very rich someday....but not today!

Let's just move forward, shall we?

/rant

Tao

I noticed that my masternode CPU loads dropped from 20% to 1% after ONYX update 16 Oct, is this normal?
Same drop in all my masternodes.

Anyone else noticed same?

Edit: pic added.
cpu_usage.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that my masternode CPU loads dropped from 20% to 1% after ONYX update 16 Oct, is this normal?

I see the same. from .7 to 1.6% idle -- and 109k to 132k ram usage.

here's one processing: (512M box)

Code:
  PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
12838 ubuntu    20   0  803084 112012   8912 S  6.4 22.3  26:55.43 darkcoind

I see the same. from .7 to 1.6% idle -- and 109k to 132k ram usage.

here's one processing: (512M box)

Code:
  PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
12838 ubuntu    20   0  803084 112012   8912 S  6.4 22.3  26:55.43 darkcoind

Normal mem usage is about 300-400 MB, so far.
My VPS:s have 1 GB.

Yup, my masternodes are barely getting paid and the are bouncing bretween all green an not listed on elbereths tool. Maybe not enough updates have happened yet?

Edit: pic added.
cpu_usage.png

I'm noticing the same - significant drops in cpu/network.
MNcpudrop.JPG

MNnetworkdrop.JPG

In other (good) news - still not listed on elberethzone's MN site, but I did receive a payment yesterday:

upload_2014-10-19_8-26-1.png

Code:
if pool running on valid active masternode:
     continue
else:
     exit

:grin:

well that's a little naive ;)
an outdated node can't know that the masternode it's talking to is "invalid" and the submitted block should be orphaned. This would basically make every update a hard fork.
Imo the most effective way of getting rid of classic pools would be a merge of p2pool (or alike) into masternodes. Without modifications that would bloat the blockchain to the moon though.

Problem persists. In a system based on consensus you need >50% of the peers to update to actually update the network.

Elbereth monitoring ® update in progress to ONYX. :)
Great.
After this green = green... Not yellow is ok anymore ;)

Think of updating MNs as just a temporary thing... It will come to a time when the development is done and we won't have to update MNs anymore or maybe just once a year instead of once every few weeks, hopefully...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back